THE TROJAN HORSE OUTLINE OF COVID-19 REOPENING PROTOCOLS
The Trojan Horse is prepared to reopen for dine-in service and has implemented safety and cleaning procedures in accordance with posted CDC and The Monroe County Health Department’s recommended guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19. The Trojan Horse will be following all state and local government regulations to ensure the safety and welfare of both staff and customers. The Trojan Horse is committed to ensuring that customers feel safe and secure in entering the establishment so they may enjoy their visit.
Following is an outline of procedures and guidelines:
- All staff and customers will attempt to maintain the recommended 6” of distance when interacting with each other. Booths have been closed and tables removed to maintain the maximum 50% capacity and allow for distanced seating. No parties larger than 6 will be allowed to occupy the same table. No sitting at the bar or bar service will be allowed.
- The Trojan Horse asks that customers experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 stay home. Trojan also requests that customers minimize socializing outside their group/table and avoid interactions with other customers where possible.
- All staff will be screened prior to starting every shift including a temperature check and answering health-related questions. Any employee exhibiting a temperature of 100.4oF will not be allowed to work.
- All staff is required to wear face masks at all times. Gloves are to be worn when appropriate for handling or serving food. Gloves are to be worn when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and equipment.
- Increased use of hand washing and hand sanitizers. Minimizing contact with skin and hair. Minimal socializing among staff to maintain social distance procotols.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces; including, but not limited to doors and door handles, counter surfaces, registers and POS systems, ice machines, drink stations, pens, carts and bins. Bathrooms will have increased cleaning and sanitizing. Disinfecting of all booths, tables and chairs after each customer use.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customer use. There is a protective shield in use at the counter. Disposable menus will be utilized. Minimal contact will be used for exchanges between staff and customers including delivering of food or beverages and exchanging of currency.
- The Trojan Horse has displayed numerous signs and bulletins outlining proper procedures for hand washing and sanitizing, safety protocols and recommended suggestions. COVID-19 policies have been made public and are available upon request.
- Steps will be taken to ensure guidelines and protocols are followed at all times. The Trojan Horse requests that all staff and customers bring any concerns to the attention of management or the owners immediately to ensure appropriate handling.
The Trojan Horse is looking forward to serving the Bloomington community and its many visitors once again. The Trojan Horse appreciates all support it has received during this time and is proud to be a long-standing, locally owned and operated business.
The Trojan Horse Owners